This is a pilot project, one of its kind in India, conceptualized by NABARD. The idea is to facilitate, implement and achieve sustainable progress in the areas o non-Farm livelihoods, Animal Husbandry & Skill Development.
SLDP (Sustainable Livelihood Development Project) is a multipurpose development focused, investment and manpower intensive and extensive development efforts with reference to livelihoods, people and natural resources
Sustainable Livelihood Project :
- This is a pilot project, one of its kind in India, conceptualized by NABARD. The idea is to facilitate, implement and achieve sustainable progress in the areas of non-Farm Livelihoods, Animal Husbandry and Skill Development.
- The estimated number of direct beneficiaries are 500 households from 21 selected tribal villages in Sirpur-U and Lingapur mandals of Komaram Bheem Asifabad district. The spread of this project is over 3 years.
- SLDP aims to develop certain villages into habitations of culturally rich, educated and healthy people having proficiency in livelihood skills and are financially healthy and sustainable. It targets to impart economic vibrancy and strong community ties in the selected project villages.
- Thus, SLDP is multipurpose development focused, investment and manpower intensive medium-term project with objectives to facilitate intensive and extensive development efforts with reference to livelihoods, people and natural resources.Hand Holding Support for initiating an enterprise or economic activity with the newly acquired vocational skills is to be provided under SLDP.
Goat rearing unit
Mini Provisional Store
Back Yard Poultry provision
Paper plate manufacturing unit
Employment Opportunities :
Provided job opportunities for tribal youth in
- Data Entry,
- JayaBheri – Maruti Group of Industries
Villagers participate one day in a month as a 'Shramadanam' to resolve
issues faced in the community